Email us to be placed on our waiting list for the 2021 growing season.
Our email is email@example.com
Come visit us at Glenloch Recreation Center at 601 Stevens Entry. This beautiful 53 large plot and 8 small plot community garden is open to all those interested in growing your own pesticide free veggies!
If you are interested in gardening with us please email us with your full name, email address and contact phone number. Do not send any money. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to review the Garden Membership Rules below so you are ready to plant!
- Each gardener is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of their garden plot and immediate plot area. Please refrain from using dilapidated, rusted or weather warn items or furniture. Watering, weeding, harvesting and any other garden related maintenance are all the responsibility of the gardener. Gardeners may arrange temporarily for others to tend/water their plots.
- Only organic/natural pesticides and fertilizers will be used by gardeners and are supplied by the individual gardener. (No trees, bushes, mint, or invasive plants are allowed).
- For safety and maintenance purposes, all aisles need to be kept clear of tomato cages, trellises, poles, tools or anything else which inhibits walk-ability and safety. Community tools will be returned to the shed for storage and cleaned of debris.
- Nothing shall be grown on the garden fence or in pots/planters outside of garden plots. Pots maybe used within plots. All plantings must be kept within the inside of a garden plot’s perimeter. Garden beds may be raised using wood or compost boards only (no straw beds). All mulch must be biodegradable (the use of leaves, or straw is suggested, no stones, pebbles or other hardscape material). Compost bins are available but the posted guidelines must be followed.
- Always monitor when watering the garden. Never leave the water on but drain the hose of water replacing it within its irrigation hole and ALWAYS replace cover correctly.
- Children are welcome in the community garden but must be accompanied by an adult and must be supervised at all times.
- If a group or individual must abandon their plot for any reason, they will notify the board via email: email@example.com.
- UNATTENDED GARDENS MAY BE REASSIGNED OR COVERED BY THE BOARD. (Examples of unattended gardens: excessive or flowering weeds, rotting produce.)
- No animals are allowed within the fenced area.
- ALWAYS lock the gate AND shed after leaving. If you unlocked a gate or the shed it is your responsibility to lock them back up even if other gardeners are present.
- No nails, screws etc. are to be inserted into the plastic lumber sides of garden plots without permission